Reevaluating

I have been blogging on an off for the past 6 or so years. I have never really taken this seriously, it was more of a way to express myself while I was in university and slowly faded away as I entered the workforce.

Of these last 6 years, I have spent 4 of them working for a small internet startup in Tel Aviv. Where I worked my way up from an entry-level position to a product manager. Over that time I had many debates with myself about if this is the life that I want to lead. In the beginning, I was working in excess of 12 hour days including weekends and holidays. This took a heavy toll on me and my relationships with the people around me.

My husband and I fought about work all the time and I never had the energy to go out with friends. On the weekends if I wasn't working I would want to sleep all the time and this just wasn't how I wanted to live my life. I knew that there had to be more to life than working all the time for a small payout.

Back in December, I took a week off of work to just focus on myself. This was a sort of burnout. I spent days sitting on the couch watching TV and aimlessly surfing on the internet. When I came back to work I felt refreshed, but quickly started to lose steam again. This was when I decided that it was time for me to move on.


I left my comfy, high(ish) paying startup job to go out on my own for a little. I have a few projects that I'm working on and hope to be able to build up a small income from these assets so that I can start to live the life that I want.